Plan your trip early and stay in Chestertown! Click here for local lodging.
This summit will bring together growers/producers, recipients of food donations as well as various community organizations that could help in identifying people or places in need of extra food. The goal of the summit is to find answers to questions such as:• Do we have excess produce/food in Kent County?
• What, if anything, happens to this produce?
• Who can use extra produce and what kind is most desirable?
• Where can people get excess produce?
• How can your organization help?
• Can we come up with a plan to get food to where it is needed most?
TOWN TRASH & RECYCLING SERVICES The Town will be divided into two collection areas, both of which will be serviced twice each week. Collection of garbage and trash will be conducted in one area on Monday and Thursday evenings, and the other on Sunday and Wednesday evenings; except no collection will be made on New Years’ Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day, but will be made on the next regular collection day after the holiday. Recycling: Paper, aluminum, household plastics picked up each Friday call 410-928-3333 (Infinity Recycling).