Environment > Reduce energy use. Save money. Slow climate change.
Get an energy audit.
Perform a comprehensive Home Energy Assessment, typically valued at $400, for only $100.
Do the work.
Complete the audit recommendations yourself or get rebates working with a participating contractor.
Upgrade to Energy Star.
Save money with the appliance rebate program.
Go Zero Energy Ready.
Building a new house or addition? Learn about zero energy ready homes designed to produce more than they consume.
A group of Chestertown residents joined a coop to get discounts on solar panels. Sign up to learn about future opportunities.
Home Energy Conversation Talk
The Chestertown Environmental Committee hosted a public talk by Ed Minch on home energy conservation as the first event in its 2016 First Thursday Environmental Series.
Following his presentation, individuals posed the following questions for consideration:
1. Can Chestertown offer an open house energy audit demo?
2. Is this a good area for residential solar power?
Film Takeaways: Alone in the Wilderness
The Chestertown Environmental Committee concluded the 2016 First Thursday Environmental Series with a presentation of Alone in the Wilderness, a film about a man who built a self-sufficient homestead.
1. Great season and I hope we can look forward to next season. Great job!
2. Great film—thank you. More nature films. Keep up the great work.
3. Amazing, inspiring. Leaves me speechless and wanting to grow and build things and be self-sufficient.
4. Great movie! It would be great to continue to continue the environment and wilderness series of films and presentations.
5. Wow! A good Iowa boy’s amazing legacy. What an adventure. The biggest crowd laugh was his stew with “everything but the kitchen sponge!” THANKS!
7. Great presentation. I however am too much of a wuss for that life.
8. The resourcefulness and talent of one man with determination.
9. So good of Dick to think of filming his adventure in 1968! This was better than anything on HDTV!
10. FABULOUS! Please keep doing this!
11. I enjoyed the scenery and especially watching him build things. Very interesting.
12. Sharp contrast to our lives and a reminder of what we have given up for our own comforts.
13. Wow! Crazy carpentry skills. I would have to live somewhere where no log cabin would be required.
14. Love the series! I will think about suggestions for next year.
15. “Alone in the Wilderness” is a great example of what one can accomplish and a great closer for the year. Looking forward to seeing more in 2017.