Town of Chestertown Environmental Committee meeting March 15, 2018
Attendees: MargoB, ShaneB, FordS, and RuthM
- Earth Day Festival April 21st:
- Working on meeting, organizing participants, and lining up more volunteers.
- Ford to organize music.
- Margo to include sponsors on ED Fstival poster and print.
- Shane and film series. A reminder for Andy for?
- Brief discussion of recent legislation by the CofBmore and MontCo to ban polystyrene foam cups and packaging.
- Email from Dave Sobers (not DFoster – my mistake) to TofC
- MayorC dated March 12th re: clarification of solid waste management and recycling monitoring and enforcement actions.
- The email was submitted following Dave’s presentation to the TofC on the March 5th TofC Council mtg which was well done.
- Kent County Public hearing March 27th at 6pm 400 HighSt to discuss the Draft Comprehensive Plan: https://www.kentcounty.com/planning/comp-plan-update
- Ford discussing trash cans and recycling cans. Margo can provide labels.
- Ford to conduct an informal survey of receptacles at public parks, rtrail and other areas.
- Press releases with the Spy and Kent News for upcoming events
- Attend upcoming budget mtgs with the TofC (Margo?)
- next meeting April 19th at 7PM
- highlight will be Sustainable MD Green Team Training
Many thanks to Ruth for being scribe in my absence.