- Manages the day-to-day business and physical operation of the marina.
- Responsible for supervising and training a staff of seasonal dock hands.
- Reconciles daily, weekly, monthly all transactions and maintains occupancy and revenue reports
- Makes reservations, boat slip assignments,
- Keeps track of marina employees’ hours daily and schedules
- Answers phone calls, emails or fax inquiries in an accurate, professional and timely manner
- Uses computer software to manage reservations, profiles and folios.
- Handles seasonal dockage contracts and transient reservations
- Orders supplies
- Maximizes lineal footage in the marina and strategically makes best use of available dockage to sell out for the season.
- Keep clean equipment and facility. Inspect equipment for damage and safety.
- Open the facility, including but not limited to setting up equipment for daily use and facility maintenance.
- Close the facility, including but not limited to putting away all equipment, locking doors and setting alarm.
- Provide support for a variety of special events.
- Responds to any urgent issues in a timely manner
- Answers phone calls with the appropriate greeting.
- Follow the weather reports with an eye to the safety of the Marina and occupants
- Is available for the entire boating season from April to November
Education and Training Requirements:
- Bachelor’s / College Degree preferred
- At least 3 years work experience in the marina trade.
Skills and Competency:
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with staff, employees and public
- Knowledge of dock construction and repair
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to swim
Applications should be delivered to the Town Hall, 118 N. Cross Street, Chestertown, MD 21620, faxed to 410-778-4378 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Town of Chestertown is an Equal Opportunity Employer