ARPA Task Force, Town Agendas & Minutes, 2022|

Meeting called by: Kate Van Name
Type of meeting: 8th Task Force Meeting
Facilitator: Kate Van Name Note taker: Secretary Andy Goddard
Attendees: Andy Goddard, Ted Gallo, Sandra Bjork, Kate Van Name, Charles Athey, Jamie
Williams, Bob Altieri (phone)
Absent: Susie Chase, Scott Boone
Council Members Present: Jose Medrano, Tom Herz
Visitors Present: Nina Fleegle, Carolyn Simmons Collins

MINUTES 

Agenda item: Call to Order
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm by Kate Van Name. Attendees noted above.

 

Agenda item: Approve 6/28/22 minutes
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Mr. Athey moved to approve minutes. Mr. Gallo 2nded. All approved

 

Agenda item: Chair’s Report, Report to Town Council
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: 34 letters of intent equaling $5,821,288 in funding requests

Category                                         Total
Infrastructure                           $985,000
Community Building Repairs $964,000
Housing                                    $897,500
Education                                  $826,000
Parks and Recreation               $681,500
Public Safety                            $450,000
Tourism                                     $416,000
Health and Wellness              $288,288
Food Insecurities                      $225,000
Transportation                          $90,000
Grand Total                               $5,823,288

Ms. Van Name congratulates everyone who responded. It represents an enormous commitment.
Mr. Herz reported out to town council. The Mayor and Council were very pleased that task force created conflict of interest matrix. Task force following rules.

 

Agenda item: Chair’s Report
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion:
Criticism in local media. Some inaccuracies. The letter Task Force sent to media dated June 17 covers many of the concerns. Ms. Van Name suggests people come in person to task force meetings.

Ms. Van Name also stated that she thought task force should not respond to criticism, but that Mayor and Council should respond. Mr. Athey moved that the task force does not respond to criticism. Ms. Bjork seconded. Motion passed unanimously.

Mr. Herz agreed that Town Council should affirm confidence in task force and that he has not heard anything but stellar comments on task force. He will add responding to criticism to agenda for next town council meeting.

 

Agenda Item: Old Business: Status on nomination of new task force members
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Ms. Van Name stated that the Town Council has nominated two people for the currently three vacant positions on the task force. The two nominees will be voted upon at the next town council meeting, July 18. One other person slated to be nominated,

 

Agenda Item: Old Business: Current Letters of Intent Status
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Ms. Van Name reminded members that the Task Force is not accepting or declining LOIs, just making recommendations.

Task Force may need to move September deadline to send out applications to qualified applicants.

ACTION ITEM: Ms. Van Name to discuss date change with town council

 

Agenda Item: New Business: LOI Refers by #
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Ms. Bjork moved to refer to LOIS by number. Mr. Gallo seconded. Unanimously approved.

 

Agenda Item: New Business: Categorize by ward impact?
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Mr. Athey suggested creating additional columns in LOI evaluation  spreadsheet.

Committee decided most projects were community wide – not limited to single ward, declined to categorize by ward.

 

Agenda Item: New Business: Evaluation Criteria
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Ms. Van Name refreshed task force on three screening questions, refer to ARPA Process evaluation criteria.

 

Agenda Item: New Business: Wait for Council to review all LOI applications?
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Ms. Bjork moved that task force waits until council decides on all applications, whether or not recommended by task force. Mr. Athey seconded.

Ms. Goddard and Ms. Bjork asked about process to send recommendations to town council.

Ms. Van Name stated that recommendations should all be sent to council once all LOIs have been reviewed.

Motion approved.

 

Agenda Item: New Business: LOI Evaluation template effectiveness
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Ms. Williams suggested adding a risk evaluation column. Task Force agreed to add a column titled execution risk

 

Agenda Item: New Business: Standard Evaluation tools
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: Ms. Van Name suggested the following:
• LOIS- not compliant or ineligible may be dismissed en bloc
• Town Council committee projects could immediately be approved
• Public Safety LOIs may be immediately sent to Town Council for review
• Quick temperature vote by number- yes/no/table for discussion

 

Agenda Item: Requests from public to be recognized
Presenter: Kate Van Name
Discussion: No requests

 

Ms. Bjork moved to adjourn the meeting. Meeting adjourned 8:11.

Close Search Window