Chestertown Environmental Committee meeting
In attendance: Darran Tilghman, Krista Lamoreaux, Zack Kelleher, Tim Trumbauer, Jon Hanley, David Sobers, Dan Small, Andy Goddard
● Tim will serve as chair Jan – June; Darran will serve July- Dec
● CEC Jan agenda- review strategic plan goals
● Darran met with new council members Meghan Efland & Tom Herz
● CEC will present to town council in Feb. 2020
DCA (Downtown Chestertown Assoc.) single use issue F&B containers.
Andy, Ingrid Hanson (Figgs Ordinary) and Jon Hanley (hopefully) will attend DCA meeting in 2020 with proposals, ideas. Combine purchasing power/use SULTANA Downrigging as model
Water & Habitat
New Storm Water Grant. Darran & Tim to schedule listening session for issues
Earth Day Festival- Saturday, April 18 (50th Anniversary, Earth Day)
● Create subcommittee with 3- 6 members- Anna Hurd & ??
● First meeting early January. Andy & Jon draft list of responsibilities
● Andy to share vendor list with committee
● KCAC hired Rachel Carson interpreter, location TBD
● Add Trash Walk- Fountain Park to Garnet
● Add interactive activities- Clean Water Pledge?
● Revisit Shredder? Creafill? Find shredder sponsor? Cost approx $300
● Andy to talk to Kay MacIntosh about coordinating with Bluegrass & Beer Festival
EV Charging Stations
● Jon P & Greg to research potential grants- multiple sources for funding
● K&L Auto on upper High St. open to 4 stations. Need to remove tanks
● Other possibility- Bennett’s