Chestertown Recreation Commission
6:00 pm, Monday, June 15, 2022
Conducted via Zoom (not recorded due to oversight)
- Approval of minutes of April 11 meeting (the May meeting did not have a quorum).
- Proposal to name the Wilmer Park playground after Sarah Derry
- Jim Bogden summarized community members’ appreciation of “Aunt Sarah” Derry. Members voted to name the new playground after her.
- Update on the Wilmer Park playground enhancements
- A few parts and minor issues with the Wilmer playground will be taken care of. There have been many families using the playground.
- Update on the July 23 “Saturday in the Park” event
- We are scheduled to participate in family fun day, on July 23rd. Vendors advertising Kayaks etc. will be there. We will continue to discuss summer movies.
- Update on the proposed Radcliffe Creek Paddling Trail
- We did not receive permission for some drop off and pick up points. It was discussed to make a map of the creek and have certain areas where grasses, trees and wildlife might be located.
- Update on Carpenter Park improvements
- Not much to report on Carpenter Park
- Update on Bailey Park
- Apparently, the hospital might own some of the land. Further progress is stymied for now.
- Budget requests for 2023
- “Blue-sky” ideas for the Town’s new strategic plan
- Next regular meeting date is July 11, 2022
- We will continue the discussions concerning the time and date of the next CRC meeting.