Chestertown Environmental Committee Minutes
January 7, 2021
Attending: Jon Hanley, Andy Goddard, Darran Tilghman, Krista Lamoreaux, David Sobers,
Zack Kelleher, Jenny Freeburg
Administration: The following officers consented to serving a second year:
Chair: Darran Tilghman, Vice Chair: Krista Lamoreaux, Treasurer: David Sober, Secretary:
Discussion on potentially staggering officers to ensure institutional knowledge.
Still need to recruit recruiting additional members. Corporate, CES, Garden Club
Action Items: New CEC members? D Sobers, Garden Club. Darran, CES
Quarterly CES/Town Council Appearance- Mid Feb.
Action Item: Andy to check with Jen Mulligan on best date
December minutes unanimously approved.
Energy & Transport
• EV charging
1. Delmarva site – Foot of High Street. FREE. Level 2 & 3
site surveys complete
engineering drawings in process
ROW (right of way) drawings to Town by end of January
2. EVI of MD sites. Elec Vehicle Institute of MD. Level 3 super-fast
1. Cannon Street Town public parking lot
2. ACME shopping center
3. Redner’s shopping center
1. MOU submitted by Town
2. drawings submitted to MEA for approval
3. expect final approval by end January
3. Route 301 rest stops DCFC sites
Action Item: Jon to reach out to Kent News for press coverage on EV Foot of High installation
Waste Management: No Report
Water & Habitat: River Walk initiative moving forward
Planning & Zoning
Discussion on how to move forward in incorporating sustainability practices into ordinances,
particularly EV charging, native planting.
Should town have an Environmental Plan?
Action Items: Darran to reach out to Meghan Efland, David Sobers talk to David Foster
• SNAP (supplemental nutrition assistance program)
1. equipment delays are behind us
2. decided to postpone rollout until spring.
3. soft opening March 20th & 27th
4. 2021 rollout April 3rd
Julie will advertise. Jon will reach out to Kent News for press
Earth Day Festival 2021. Saturday April 24
• 11th annual
• Propose planning as though it will occur
Discussion on incorporating Earth Friendly actions during festival:
• Trash pickup divided into blocks
• Rail Trail clean up
• Mini rail trail gardens
Action Items: Jon to check with Bill Ingersoll on holding festival.
Andy & Darran to check with other organizations on any potential Earth Day events
(WAC, SEEC, RiverArts, Kent Cultural Alliance)