Chestertown Environmental Committee
November 10, 2022
In Attendance: Darran Tilghman, Andy Goddard, Krista Lamoreaux, Secethia Davis, Jenny Freebery, Liz Peterson, Kevin Denice, Carole Trippe
Meeting opened 7:36
Next Slate of Officers: 3 year term limits/Annual voting
Chair: Jenny Freebery
Vice Chair: Liz Peterson
Treasurer: Carole Trippe
Secretary: Joe Maisano
(Chair does not need to be spokesperson – can be separate committee member)
Action Item: Current officers meet with new officers prior to January
Change Krista email in google group
Action Item: Andy- Check to see if town mandates committee meet at Town Hall or can we meet elsewhere?
Work Group Reports
WAC – Kevin Denice.
- Strategic Plan will call for Sustainability Director. Plan should be finalized in Winter of 2023. Potentially will hire a director late 2023
- Hoping to resurrect bike share program
- Also working on composting program
- Working on Green Purchasing guidelines
WASTE & RECYCLING
Potential for zero waste festivals- other than Downrigging
Suggestions for Dickens:
Marketing- Shop like the Dickens – No plastic bag!
Save oyster shells
Action Item: Andy Connect Nina & Kevin D- WAC volunteers
David Sobers- Working with Tim O’Brien on Environmental Award- Ford Schumann
And town recycling
Next meeting with Town Council – Discussed getting on agenda in January with new slate of officers
Priorities for 2023
Green Purchasing Program for Government and Businesses
December Meeting– Social event.
Friday Dec 9 @ 5pm – 7. Friends and significant others welcome
Action Item: Darran to check with Neyah Retriever and report back to committee
Meeting adjourned 8:32
Action Items reiterated:
- Current officers meet with new officers prior to January
- Andy- Check to see if town mandates committee meet at Town Hall or can we meet elsewhere?
- Andy Connect Nina & Kevin D- WAC volunteers
- Darran to check with Neyah Retriever and report back to committee