Agendas, Historic District Commission, Town Agendas & Minutes, 2022|



MARCH 21, 2024


A special meeting was arranged by Stan Yeakel, Washington College, to allow the Historic District Commission members to tour the interior and grounds of the Armory at 509 S Cross Street. At 2:00 pm, the following Historic District Commission members were in attendance for the tour: Barbara Brown, David Holman, Samantha Hollomon, Michael McDowell, and Vicky Smith. Also, in attendance what Stan Yeakel (Washington College representative) and Lynda Thomas (Town Clerk).

Mr. Yeakel provided Tyvek suits and N95 masks for all participants.

Mr. Yeakel led the group through the building pointing out the different rooms, noting propose/use the rooms/areas held. There were no presentations given or discussions made amongst the group.

During the ground tour, Mr. Yeakel noted that the college had submitted an application and was approved in 2012 to demolish the garage addition at the rear of the structure.

Excerpt from the September 5, 2012, minutes concerning the action taken:

    Mr. Seidel stated that the College would like to demolish the 1954 and 1992 additions as they were not significant.

    Mr. Yeager moved to conceptually approve the plan for demolition of the back two (2) additions built in 1954 and 1992,      was seconded by Mr. Busler and carried unanimously.  

The tour ended at approximately 2:25 pm and all attendees left the premises in their own vehicles.

Submitted by:                                                             Approved by:

Lynda Thomas, Town Clerk                                       Vicky Smith, Chair



The Historic District Commission

will tour the Armory on

Thursday, March 21, 2024,

at The Armory, 509 S. Cross Street

at 2 p.m.

The HDC has been invited by Washington College to tour the Armory. 

There will be no discussions, decisions and/or actions taken by the HDC.


Close Search Window