SEPTEMBER 19, 2022
The Mayor and Council meeting will resume in person meetings at Town Hall. A livestream feed is available at www.townofchestertown.com.
MAYOR AND COUNCIL MEETING
- Call meeting to order
- Minutes of the Mayor and Council meeting of September 6, 2022
- Operating funds on hand
- Payment of bills
- Lisa Mazingo – Kent Family Center
- Police report
- Town Manager’s report
- Michael McDowell – 2015 SHA Safety Study status
- Permit requests
- Brief ARPA Update by Tom Herz
- Kent County Local Management Board Memo regarding evictions
- Washington Avenue sidewalk – 500 block
- Application for Class B, Beer and Wine License with Caterers Privilege at 205 Spring Avenue (Phat Daddy’s) on Tuesday, October 18th at 6:00 p.m.
- Mayor’s Report
- Reminder of Maryland Department of Transportation annual Consolidated Transportation Programs Tour for Kent County at Kent County Commissioners Hearing Room, 400 High Street at 6:00 p.m. Sept. 20
- Vote on funding for up to 4 additional historic plaques at Garnet (02), Bethel AME, and Janes Church
- Ward Reports
- Tim O’Brien request to discuss and vote on 5 matters (see attached)
- Requests from the public to be on the agenda:
- Questions or comments
First Ward Agenda Items
September 19th meeting
- Discussion and vote to have town get estimates to open fence and pave walkway to connect Rolling road to existing Bailey park walking path
- Short Discussion and vote to have Town distribute short job satisfaction and suggestions survey to all town employees as supplement to strategic planning input. Answers to be collected by Elizabeth Watson electronically through anonymous online surveys or anonymous responses left in Councilmembers boxes. Ms. Watson will compile unfiltered anonymous responses for council review
- Short discussion and vote to extend restroom access privileges at marina starting in Jan 2023 to all those who buy an annual boat ramp pass.
- Short discussion and vote to ask for estimates on public restrooms similar to Galina and estimates of portable public toilets like at waterfront
- Short discussion and vote to order removal of all old parking meters except those requested to save by stores or groups wishing to use them to raise donations.