Town of Chestertown
PUBLIC ART COMMITTEE (PAC)
Tuesday, July 13, 2021
4:00PM at Town Hall
- Carla Massoni
- Sam Moore
- Sam Shoge
- Ben Tilghman (Chair)
- Gordon Wallace
- Pam White (Vice Chair)
- Approval of 6-8-21 Minutes – minutes were approved without changes.
- Ben asked the group to be on the lookout for new members for the PAC. Gordon suggested Jennifer Quinn, a photographer in the area. Ben said he would contact her.
- Woicke Sculpture Project Update and Next Steps
- Legal documents concerning the acquisition remain under review; Woickes have ok’d the documents on their end.
- Ben asked that committee members think about specific works that they will take responsibility for shepherding into installation.
- The committee discussed how to approach PR for the project, all agreeing that this will be an excellent thing to highlight for the town.
- Chestertown Spy had article in works (which has since been published)
- Agreed that once the gift is formally accepted, members of PAC should meet with local arts, marketing, and tourism leaders to brainstorm how to get the word out.
- Discussed the desirability of establishing a sub-site on the Town’s website for the collection.
- Preliminary discussion of fundraising for project; discussed installation of works are fundraising and promotion opportunities.
- Black History Installation Update
- Ben, Pam, and Gordon reported on first meeting of Ad-Hoc committee.
- New Business
- Carla brought up the poor condition of the Broad Reach installation.
- Discussed the possibility of using artificial grass were work meets turf
- Carla will contact Miles Barnard, Joe Karlik, and artist David Hess for advice, and also consider possibilities for funding.
- Meeting Adjourned – Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday August 10, 4:00PM.