Town of Chestertown
PUBLIC ART COMMITTEE (PAC)
Tuesday, June 8, 2021
4:00PM via Zoom
- Kay MacIntosh (ex-officio: Manager of the Chestertown Arts & Entertainment District)
- Carla Massoni
- Sam Shoge
- John Schratwieser (ex-officio: Director Kent Cultural Alliance)
- Ben Tilghman (Chair)
- Gordon Wallace
- Pam White (Vice Chair)
- Approval of 5-11-21 Minutes – minutes were approved without changes.
- Ben asked the group to be on the lookout for new members for the PAC and have anyone interested contact him.
- Sculpture Project Update
- Legal documents concerning the acquisition remain under review.
- The committee agreed to propose a new location of the “Head” sculpture adjacent to the stone pavers that form a path between the brick pad surrounding the fountain and the sidewalk on High Street. The sculpture would be positioned to face the fountain. As the garden club is a major stakeholder in the park, Ben agreed to reach out to them and solicit their feedback.
- The group discussed giving a status report to the Town Council and agreed to begin with a top level informational presentation on the proposed Sculpture Project. The presentation will be targeted for the June 21 town council meeting.
- Sam suggested the PAC resume in person monthly meetings at Town Hall.
- Carla suggested more information concerning PAC activities be shown on the town website.
- Due to the adjacency to existing and planned public art, the PAC agreed to offer requested advice and assistance to the Recreation Committee regarding the proposed playground in Wilmer Park.
- Meeting Adjourned – Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday Jul 13, 4:00PM.