Town of Chestertown
PUBLIC ART COMMITTEE (PAC)
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
4:00PM Town Hall
- Elizabeth Healy
- Dave Hegland (Secretary)
- Carla Massoni
- Marianne Sade
- Ben Tilghman (Chair)
- Meghan Cooper (Guest Participant – Washington College Summer Intern)
- Kate Dowd (Guest Participant – Nominated to become new PAC Member)
- Approval of 4-12-22 Minutes – minutes were approved without changes.
- Fund Raising update:
- Ben has reached out to a number of initial potential donors and received positive feedback on their support.
- Ben and Carla will be reaching out to a second group of donors who have expressed interest in the next few months.
- It is expected that within the next week the Public Art Fund will total approximately $50,000.
- PAC Website – Bill Ingersoll (the Town Manager) has approved a contract with Francoise Sullivan of Moo Productions for an initial implementation of the PAC Website.
- Field Trip to survey the Woicke Sculptures
- The trip focused on identifying technical issues with each sculpture and the best potential locations for installation.
- The group reviewed the results of the survey.
- There was a brief discussion on how to best engage contractors to perform routine maintenance on or around the sculptures (e.g., landscaping and graffiti removal).
- Meeting Adjourned – Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday Jun 14, 4:00PM.