Town of Chestertown
PUBLIC ARTS COMMITTEE (PAC)
Tuesday, May 09, 2023
4:00PM at Town Hall and Zoom
- Kate Dowd
- Elizabeth Healy
- Dave Hegland (Secretary)
- Carla Massoni
- Bob Ortiz
- Marianne Sade
- Ben Tilghman (Chair)
- Pam White (Vice Chair)
- PAC minutes of Apr 11, 2023 were approved (with a correction from Marianne).
- Update on social media:
- Pam has arranged with Washington College for student interns to help setup and launch Facebook and Instagram accounts for the PAC.
- There was discussion about how new information will get updated and posted once the accounts are setup as well as the need to do quarterly email newsletters.
- There was also discussion about adding a PayPal button to the website for donations that could be referenced in social media and in newsletters.
- Publicity Tour:
- Brampton Inn has contracted with a PR Consultant to arrange for a group of travel writers to tour Chestertown Artist Studios and Installed Public Art Sculptures.
- Ben will lead the walking tour on May 25.
- Fund Raising Update:
- Ben reviewed grant application status.
- Ben solicited the group for ideas on donation sources.
- Update on the Woicke Sculptures:
- Hester has coordinated with Joe Karlic on suggested changes and is awaiting an updated design for PAC review.
- Hester has ordered temporary signs which will be posted on installed sculptures when they are received.
- Butterfly Sculpture:
- The Sculpture was installed April 14 at Garnet Elementary. Ben reports favorable feedback from everyone.
- Group review of the Sculpture Spreadsheet to update potential locations for new sculptures.
- The group briefly discussed possible locations for 2024 Sculptures.
- The group reviewed the installation of Dance at Sumner Hall which will be in late May/early June.
- The group reviewed and updated the spreadsheet for 2023 Sculptures.
- Ben will present the remaining proposed 2023 installations to the Town Council and get agreement on the process for engaging stakeholders on the location for each sculpture.
- Ben will also review with the council sculpture installations to date.
- Action Items were reviewed.
- Meeting Adjourned – Next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday June 13, 4:00PM.