Town of Chestertown
Request for Proposals Curbside Recycling Bidders
The Mayor and Council of Chestertown, MD, will receive sealed bids until 4:00 p.m. on May 9, 2022 from licensed qualified recycling contractors for the collection of curbside recyclables at residential dwelling units within the corporate limits of Chestertown, MD, for the period of July 1, 2022, through June 30, 2023, with the option of awarding the contract for a three-year period. The scope of work consists of providing all labor, materials, and equipment required to provide curbside recycling collection services to 1300-1,500 private residential dwelling units. The Contractor shall be responsible for the distribution of recycling containers to each household that does not currently have appropriate container(s). Recyclables will be collected on the same day of each week.
The following insurance and bonds will be required and maintained during the period of the contract. Copies must be presented at the time of signing of the contract.
- Maryland Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
- Public Liability and Property Damage Insurance,
- Bid bond in the amount of 5% of the annual contract bid or a check in that amount made out to the Town of Chestertown (to be returned immediately to bidders who do not get the bid and to the winning bidder when a contract is signed).
Bids must be received by the Town of Chestertown, either by mail or hand delivery, no later than 4:00 PM local time on May 9, 2022, in a Sealed Envelope marked “Chestertown Curbside Recycling Collection Proposal” at the following address: Town of Chestertown, 118 N. Cross Street, Maryland 21620. The Bids will be publicly opened and read aloud at 4:00 PM on May 9, 2022, in the Town Hall Meeting Room, located on the first floor of 118 N. Cross Street, Chestertown, Maryland.
A full packet of this Request for Proposals can be received by contacting W. S. Ingersoll, Town Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Bid proposals will be presented to the Mayor and Council of Chestertown for final review and consideration for contract approval. Owner reserves the right:
- To reject any or all Bids.
- To waive any informality or irregularity in any Bid received.
- The Town of Chestertown reserves the right to accept or reject any bids.
- The Town of Chestertown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By Authority of
David Foster, Mayor