Chestertown Recreation Committee meeting minutes: 26-April-2021
Location: Louisa Carpenter Park Pavilion at 6:00pm
- Jim Bowden reads Chestertown Recreation Committee’s Official Role
- Motion made to amend meeting minutes from March 8, 2021 meeting minutes. Motion approved.
- Remaining budget from 2020 was presented. Ideas for use were discussed.
- Update equipment at Washington Park
- Landscaping and benches at various parks in Chestertown
- New budget will be set in June 2021. Potential uses for budget discussed
- CRC Zoom subscription
- Youth dances
- Family/Movie nights in Wilmer Park
- Fundraising efforts
- Washington Park Updates
- Jim Bogden motions to request Mayor and Town Council work to correct septic issues at Washington Park playground. Motion is seconded and approved.
- Look into pricing of new swings and additional play features.
- Look into what the codes are for new playground equipment.
- Meet with Dawn to discuss playground ideas.
- General discussion opened up to all participants
- Speak with organizers of Juneteenth events. Discuss what the CRC can contribute.
- Maps at each of the town parks to show the location of each park and what is offered.
- Permanent chess tables installed in fountain Park
- Potential fundraising ideas and additional town events discussed.
- Town Scavenger hunt
- Walkathon Fundraiser
- music night in the park
- Ajax Park discussion
- What is the status of the Wilmer Park Playground grant?
- Altering fundraiser idea to include up to date toddler equipment
- Keeping the court as a half court is discussed. Better for younger children.
- Alternate plan will be ready to present in May.
- Next Chestertown Recreation Committee meeting will be held on May 10, 2021 at
Louisa Carpenter Park Pavilion at 6:00pm.