Chestertown Recreation Committee
Location: Remote Zoom meeting at 6:00pm
In Attendance: Harold Somerville, Frank Rhodes, Brandt Troup, Emily Genther, Jim Bogden, Nathanial Woodrow, Chip MacLeod, Tom Hertz, Molly Judge, Jimmy Judge, Charles Lerner, Patty Heaps, Carla Johnson, Linda Boyer
- Ajax Park Improvement:
- Original plan adjusted in compromise with the neighbors’ wishes. Plan was presented.
- Dimensions of proposed toddler playground: too small, too close to parking lot?
- Is the proposed wooded fence allowed in the historic district.
- Will the parks improvements be piecemeal as donations are made, or will the whole park be overhauled at once when total funds are acquired?
- Some would prefer basic cosmetic improvements to the park over major structural changes.
- Frank Rhodes set forward a motion to approve the Ajax plan (Plan A) presented at the meeting as one of 3 that will be presented to the Town Council. Jim Bogden will create 2 additional plans (Plans B and C) to also present to the council at the same time as Plan A. Motion was seconded by Jim Bogden and passed in a vote by committee members.
- Carpenter Park Playground:
- Previous set was deemed unsafe by the town and disposed of.
- Playset needs to be replaced. Ideas for fundraising were submitted and will be looked into (CRC, grants, donations, appeal to county for funds).
- Harold will look playset ideas and present findings at the next meeting.