November 1, 2022:
Recycling dome site at Vault Storage on the corner of High and Morgnec Roads. The site can be entered from 848 High Street.
Thanks go to Matt Gorman of Vault Storage Company, Rick Turnbell of the Maryland Environmental Service (MES), and Marty Holden of Kent County Public Works for working together with the Town to make this happen.
- Clean glass bottles and jars without lids (no windowpanes, glassware, light bulbs, mirrors, or Pyrex),
- Clean aluminum and steel cans (no tubs, trays, or motor oil cans),
- Clean #1 and #2 plastic bottles with a mouth and neck smaller than the container (water and soda bottles, milk, water, cider or soap jugs/bottles (remove caps, flatten large bottles).
- newspaper, magazines, catalogs, phone books, copy and writing paper, envelopes, paper bags, cereal boxes, hard and soft cover books (place in a paper bag or tie with string, DO NOT USE PLASTIC BAGS).
- Corrugated cardboard only (flatten boxes and put them in a box or tie the bundle with string).
- Books can be recycled but do not put out if rain or snow is forecast.
The Town will be divided into two collection areas, both of which will be serviced twice each week. Collection of garbage and trash will be conducted in one area on Monday and Thursday evenings, and the other on Sunday and Wednesday evenings; except no collection will be made on New Years’ Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day or Christmas Day, but will be made on the next regular collection day after the holiday.
Yard Waste and Bulk Trash
- You must call 410-778-0500 to arrange for a pickup and determine if there will be a charge. The Town will pick up 2 trash cans of garden waste(brush and weeds) free of charge.
- Bulk trash is picked up Mon. & Fri. – call 410-778-0500 and a nominal fee will be charged depending on the types of items.
- If you have problems or questions concerning regular garbage pickup, please call 410-778-0500.
Holiday Trash Schedule
There will be no trash pick-up in Chestertown the evening before the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Christmas (i.e. If Christmas falls on a Tuesday, there will be no trash pick-up on Monday evening)
If your trash is not picked up due to a holiday, it will be picked up on the next regularly scheduled trash day.